Monday, October 01, 2007

Football is back:-)

Let's see...where did I leave off...

Saturday night was fun...we went to a party at a girl's place that is a real good friend of Big Sis. It was actually kind of a mellow evening, The Boy didn't feel great and was none-too upset about leaving at 11:00 to go and get Munchkin at her friend's house. He rallied a little bit after we got home though;-)

And Sunday? Ahhh...Sunday...my kinda day. We woke up kinda late and we all went to breakfast. The Boy had to go home for a bit and we just kinda puttered around. Then Smoking Hot Roommate took Munchkin over to watch the games with all the guys in their Fantasy Football league. The Boy came back over, and we all know what that means...

It was actually a really nice afternoon:-) Just a pretty lazy, fun day... basically alternating batches of sex, chicken wings and football...romantic, huh? Munchkin and SHR stopped at the store and got back at maybe 5:00 to make us all dinner. And chocolate chip cookies:-)

The Boy got promoted on Friday, so many, many congratulations go out to him for that:-) I haven't given you all the details, but he has made some large professional sacrifices for me as well as just generally putting up with me, and I am both happy for him and extremely proud of him for this. He works really hard and cares deeply about his job, and I love to see him rewarded like this.

So everyone offer a hearty congratulations for a well-earned big new job! I love you and I am proud of you:-)

6 comments:

anne said...

Sounds perfect to me. and much congratulations!

ella said...

I'm so happy for you that the Boy got a promotion. Staying in Boston for you paid off!

And it did sound like the perfect weekend.

Anonymous said...

YAY!!! Let's hear it for the Boy!!!

OC said...

Congrats to the boy! And is there a better way to celebrate than sex, wings and chocolate chip cookies? :)

Airam said...

Woot for the boy!

boohoo said...

Well done!!

Your Sunday sounded great, by the way. Those are the best kind of Sundays ;)