Tuesday, October 23, 2007

A little clarification

It has come to my attention that one of the most important people in my life (and therefore "characters" in my blog) is somewhat misunderstood. So, I am going to take today to re-introduce you to Big Sis. My favorite older sister that I never had:-)

Sometimes I forget that people kind of join up along the way and don't get the entire back story all the time. And then I write things that should mean one thing but kind of mean another. It seems maybe this is one of those cases...there is a lot in those 319 posts I wrote in year 1, and I forget that few people have read them all. (Has anyone?)

So, I wrote this about her on her birthday last year, and I like it:-) That should help, and explains her credentials as a "muse", too...

For those of you that have joined sort of recently, here are the basics (and for my regular readers, sorry for the redundancy). First, she is not actually my sister. I have two half-sisters (Munchkin and Tinkerbelle) but she is not one of them. I know her because she is Smoking Hot Roommate's older sister (and therefore Papa Bear's oldest daughter). She and SHR are my "pretend sisters" and she has been known to introduce both Munchkin and I as her sisters.

Second, the name "Big Sis" has nothing to do with her physical appearance, it is entirely a reference to her being the sometimes protector and guardian of her one real and two pretend younger sisters. This is something that never dawned on me, but I have sent a few people some pictures and a couple of them have said that they expected her to be either a) heavier, or b) more "matronly". [She is gonna kill me for that...!]

The truth is that she is really very attractive, quite stylish, and somewhat small. Both she and her sister have the same blond hair, green/brown eyes and adorable little nose. Big Sis is in the neighborhood of about 5' 4" and she is a size 2 or 4...so she isn't tiny like me, but she is smallish:-) I would guess her weight, but if I am off by like 3 pounds, I will hear about it for years:-P She also has a minor shopping problem (its OK, she has a lot of closets!) which ensures her constantly flawless appearance

And finally, she is not at all "old". I think maybe some of you got the impression that she was the boring, responsible one of the crew, and that is pretty far from the truth. She has a more active social life than I do, and is always up for a good party, or will just bring one with her if she can' find one. Regardless of where we go, she seems to know everyone, or at least enough of the people that matter:-) I am especially amazed by this since she spent like seven of the last nine years in London...

Beyond that, I think I did pretty well in describing her...I think I accurately described how smart she is, and how she can be pretty intimidating when she chooses to be. And how she swears a lot:-) In fairness, her language is much more refined around Munchkin, although the stray F-bomb still finds its way into conversation...:-)

Earmuffs, kiddo...earmuffs...

11 comments:

Scotty said...

Is Big Sis taken? ;)

Anonymous said...

Believe it or not, I have read every last one of your posts! I had a series of conference calls one week, so I put the phone on mute, and started reading from day one! I don't even know how I found your blog in the first place, though.

Accidentally Me said...

Scotty - Most definitely...married last summer. I affectionately refer to her husband as The Brain Surgeon. Technicall he is a neurologist, but I like the ring of that better.

EAJ - Every one? Impressive!!! So how come you don't comment more often:-P

Anonymous said...

I kid you not...every last one of them! That's why I was so puzzled by the engagment story with the football player. In my mind, it was someone else...and I'm still not sure that it's not that person! :) I will do better about commenting, I promise!

ella said...

Which guy in Coldplay?

Anonymous said...

Everyone thinks I am a 200 lb, housecoat wearing, foul-mouthed terror. This is the worst blog ever!

I know they told you that song is about me but I still think that is revisionist history. It is Gwyneth's husband that writes all of the songs, and he was not the one I dated.

Anonymous said...

I have read them all, I discovered your blog close to the beginning. But I have been known to read all entries for blogs that I love ;). As for my mental image of Big Sis, I imagined her TALL, like 6' not 5'4". Not for any particular reason, except that she has been described as a protector. In my brain I guess that equals TALL. Although anything over 5'2" is tall for me! lol

boohoo said...

I imagined Big Sis was tall too. I was right when I imagined her to be married, though ;)

Aaron said...

I think all the "sisters" need to eat some red beans-n-rice. Ya'll are too skinny! :P

megabrooke said...

big sis seems like such a gem. you are lucky to have such amazing people in your life!

Anonymous said...

that's not skinny. size 00 is skinny.