Tuesday, October 09, 2007

Brothers and Sisters

I forgot to mention this little note...while driving to the farm on Saturday, a song came on the radio, causing Munchkin to turn the radio up and pronounce it her favorite song. The song? "Jessica", by the Allman Brothers (different one here).

First, I have no complaints with the selection, it is as good a song as anyone has ever made. But how on earth did it become her favorite song? Its 30 years old, has no words, and is way too long to ever get played on the radio. She didn't really have an answer, couldn't tell me where she first heard it or why she has such an attachment to it. I guess I should applaud her refined and way-past-her-age taste in music, but seriously...I am stumped by this.

Did they really say it was 83 degrees in New York last night? How is that possible...it is like 150 miles from here, but it was 30 degrees warmer. Weirdness. I did hear this morning that the Yankees lost, which is cause for celebration in these parts. One weird addition to my Red Sox notes from last week is that people here not only love the Red Sox, but they love the Yankees losing, almost more so. I don't quite get that...I still have so much to learn!!!

I don't feel like the New Yorkers I know have the same animosity towards the Red Sox, but that may be because for most of history, the Yankees won and the Red Sox lost. I work with a guy who once said "Until 2004, the rivalry between the Red Sox and Yankees was a lot like the rivalry between a dog and a fire hydrant." I thought that was funny, although I needed a brief lesson in baseball history to know why...:-)

Anyway, I guess this means we need to send some consoling thoughts to Jordan, who at least hopefully got a date out of this:-D

Um...that's about it. I feel like this is a really boring post, and I don't think I have a whole lot better for tomorrow...just wanna give you fair warning;-) Anyone have anything they want me to write about? Any questions? Fire away...

7 comments:

Scotty said...

Favorite/not so favorite things about fall where you live. :)

ella said...

I'm still waiting for a photo!

Still just me said...

What is your favorite song "of all time", and why?

Whine Girl said...

haha! I did watch this with match.clocktower... it was a very sad night. Yeah, the Yankees love when the Red Sox lose too. Which is something we were used to for years and years and years and years because the red sox always lost.. but yeah, in the last 3 years they've finally broken that streak.

So... although the Indians kicked my Yanks out of the post season, I'm rooting for them (they are my actual hometown team) to beat the Sox. GO INDIANS! :-)

Anonymous said...

Yes, to follow up on Ella's comment, we are still waiting for a pic of the beach house, and some of the wedding, cropped of course ;). Or you could talk about your favorite teacher in school, most embarassing moment in junior high school, dream vacation...I will save my other topics for my own blog I think!

boohoo said...

I don't understand baseball at all. I think it's an exclusive American sport, right? I'll stick with my rugby (which I think is like your rugby but without all the safety gear?) ;)

Scotty said...

Did someone say photo?

Please post pic.