Thursday, January 18, 2007

Food, Cold and Sex Ed

So, I am getting pretty excited for my party:-) Which I know is really dorky of me, but whatever...I can be a dork sometimes if I want to:-P

The caterer is sort of a friend of a friend and is kind of doing me a favor. She is making a bunch of stuff that she can prepare well ahead of time so that it doesn't really interfere with her other (more well-paying;-)) gigs. As far as I know, the menu looks like: cheese and fruit tray when everyone arrives, salad, some kind of chicken/vegetable/pasta thing for dinner, cheesecake and strawberries for dessert. That should do the trick just fine. I have plenty of booze, so I can't see where there will be any problems...lol.

It is also grossly cold here. It was like 9 degrees yesterday morning and it was about 12 today. That is NOT fun. I have short walks in the morning (to school and then to work, total of like 1o minutes) but it was brutal this morning. And it was so cold last night that me and Munchkin and Smoking Hot Roommate all slept in the same bed...lol. Much of the reason I decided to go to Arizona was because I really don't like winter. I used to get seasonal depression, which I don't really have anymore, but I still hate winter. Maybe I should revisit that Arizona idea...

Munchkin starts Sex Ed today at school...I think it will be really funny. She isn't really shy about asking stuff, but this will definitely be her first real lengthy education on the subject. She definitely knows the basics or what's what, but this should still be interesting. I'm curious to see if she mentions it when she gets home or not...

OK, so there are three totally random and unrelated items. I guess I am a bit scattered today;-)

7 comments:

anne said...

Oh there is something adorable about the fact that she is starting sex ed. Do you think because you are not a typical mother figure and are younger in that sense, she will be more comfortable talking to you?

Povosgirl said...

What time should i be there for dinner?!?!

Sex Ed....I can already picture the kids giggling about it all!

megabrooke said...

Your dinner sounds delish.
Happy Thursday- cute about munchkin.

ella said...

Cute that you, SHR and Munchkin were like three peas in a pod last night.

Believe it or not it there was hail and sleet here in LA yesterday. It's sunny today, but COLD. I highly recommend the matress warmer from Costco. The downside, is that it makes it harder to get out of bed.

Accidentally Me said...

e.b. - Absolutely, yes. I am definitely more "sister" than "mother". We obviously have a very different kind of relationship than mothers and daughters do.

Dimples - Lol...I am not sure it will be the most exciting crowd. Lots of talk about teachers and curriculum and stuff.

Ella - I believe that the "peas in a pod" phrase came up more than once...lol

k.d. said...

we didn't have sex ed at school! did i miss something? LOL

Tiff Fernie said...

Only thing I remember about sex ed is the first day they introduce it to you like this...

"Okay, I'm going to say some words and I want you to laugh and giggle at them and get it out of your system, because we will have discussions on them later and I don't want to hear giggling while people are trying to learn. Ready? Ok... breasts, penis, vagina, anus, sex, ejaculation, etc..."

I remember none of us even moved we were in such shock they were saying these words at school!

(I know I'm immature, but still everytime I read or hear the word ejaculation I giggle... dunno why!)