Monday, January 08, 2007

Me = Dork

Quick note: I just got home and put Munchkin to bed.

The Boy called this afternoon and asked if I wanted to go out and watch the football game. I didn't really know there was a game...but I assumed Munchkin would want to watch. Then when I went to get her at school and asked her if she wanted to go out, one of the kid's fathers said that he and a couple other Dads were taking their sons out to watch the game. The place they were going was really close to place The Boy was going, so yay!!!

I told Munchkin that she could only go if she took a nap first (the game didn't start until about 8:30) so she put herself right down when we got home, and slept for an hour or so.

Anyway, I think it was one of the most fun nights I have had in a really long time. Not that there was anything special about it, it was just really fun. The Dad's all laughed at the fact that Munchkin ordered cranberry juice and 7up in a martini glass (which I am willing to go ahead and call her "Signature Drink" at this point...lol). And then all the little boys got super excited and tried to get things in fancy glasses, which led the waitress to say "No, she can have them because she is cute. You guys are just trouble." Yeah, Munchkin liked that one, too;-)

The Boy and his friends changed plans and came next door, which means I got to see The Boy and hang out with Munchkin at the same time. And the school fathers are all really fun to be around, too. The guys all got overly wrapped up in the football game, but that is too be expected.

By halftime, one team had already won the game, so Munchkin didn't even complain about having to leave;-) So yes, I am old and boring enough that eating nachos, chicken wings and mozzarella sticks on a Monday night counts as pretty high fun for me. Ahh well, we can't be young forever, I guess!!!

6 comments:

ella said...

When I was your age (24) I would get piss drunk on Monday nights and show up at work completely hungover. It wasn't fun at the time, but it brings back funny memories.

I know you have a lot more responsibilities and life experiences than the average person your age, but don't forget to be young!

k.d. said...

"you guys are just trouble." i guess she's talking about the lil' and the big ones!?

haha! :-)

Douglas said...

Ella...I am 34 and that is what I did last night. Ok, not Piss Drunk...but drunk. Some of us never grow up.

megabrooke said...

Thank you for telling your story. I'm glad things with you and Sam worked out in the end, at least for a friendship. Sounds like he will always hold a special spot in your heart.

Whine Girl said...

was it the FL / OHIO game? I watched part of it before I got embarrassed for my Buckeyes and shut it off.... they're so much better than they played lastnight...

Accidentally Me said...

Yes...that was the game. And I didn't really care who won...I just went to eat nachos...