Wednesday, January 10, 2007

Ready for the Weekend

I wanna thank everyone for reading and commenting on the big long Sam story…I will say again that it was extremely therapeutic to write it all down. I have certainly told that story, but that really got me back to thinking about all the details and all the things that happened. And, in answer to a comment…it didn’t really take terribly long to write it. Once I started, it all flowed out really quickly.

Anyway…I guess that means I am back to writing about all the random stuff that happens to me. One note; I realized that people can Google Message me at the address in my profile. Do it! It’s fun and I like to chat with people…unless I have, you know…work to do.

Smoking Hot Roommate and Big Sis are both back from a little mini-vacation…they were in the Bahamas for a few days taking care of some stuff. So yes, everyone is tanned but me…how is that fair?!?! We leave for Las Vegas Saturday, though…so I can hopefully get some sun!

I am really looking forward to Vegas. It is going to be a girls-only trip to celebrate my two pretend-sisters’ birthdays. Big Sis turned 30 last month and SHR will be 23 next week (sappy tribute coming!!!). The trip will certainly be much less debaucherous than our college trips were, but I am still going to enjoy some goofy girl-time. Also, The Body and The Mouth are coming to meet us there and I haven’t seen them in nearly six months.

The bad news is that you will have to do without my witty commentary for a couple of days. I doubt that I will take any time while I am out there to post…but I guess you never know. Anyone going to be in Vegas this weekend? No, I don’t want to meet up with anyone…lol…just checking.

Munchkin and Papa Bear are going to have a little quality time, which they will both enjoy. I know I have talked about this before, but they have a really cute relationship, they make each other giggle a lot. I also like her having as much of a father-figure as possible. Obviously it’s not perfect, but you do what you can.

Funny story time…she picked up his lady friend for him. Lol. It was about October of 2005, and they were in the park one day. I think he was reading and she was playing with his dog and just being super cute. She got to talking with a woman who also had a dog, introduced herself, etc. Then she asked her if she was married or had a boyfriend…lol. Yeah, Munchkin was 10 at the time…and then said “You should meet my friend Papa Bear, he is really nice.” So she dragged her over to meet Papa Bear, they hit it off right away and a year later, they are pretty firmly entrenched as “companions” now. [I don’t know if you are supposed to call people in the 40’s and 50’s “boyfriend and girlfriend”].

Anyway, Papa Bear complains that he doesn’t see her enough, so he gets his wish…three and a half days of babysitting duty. That will teach him to open his big mouth;-)

9 comments:

Tiff Fernie said...

FUN!! Enjoy your trip to Vegas!! I went there after my graduation and had a BLAST!

Thanks for sharing your story about Sam with us! I enjoyed reading it!

I still have not followed through with my word on my blog. :( I am such a bad blogger! hehe

Still just me said...

Have fun in Vegas, but be careful. My last trip there was both fun and chaotic. Before we left, police departments in 3 states were involved!

k.d. said...

live posts from vegas? why not? *wink*

Povosgirl said...

Have fun in Vegas Brat! Stay out of trouble!! Wink Wink!

ella said...

Remember, what happens in Vegas, stays in Vegas..

For some reason I get this funny vision of Papa Bear not really knowing what to do with a 11 year old for 3 days. But from what it sounds, Munchkin is going to have blast!

Ally said...

A long weekend sounds like fun. And it sounds like SHR and Big Sis are living the life with back to back trips. I'm definitely jealous.

megabrooke said...

I hope you have a great trip.

Accidentally Me said...

Ella - I will probably realy any good stories...lol. But none that are TOO good. And that is a really funny image of Papa Bear, but he does have two daughters of his own, so he is pretty good with kids;-) And they are buddies, so they will have fun!

Ally - "Living the life" is an understatement...you don't know the half of it!!!

Aaron said...

Please explain "the half of it".