Thursday, November 09, 2006

Anna's Taqueria

It’s been a long week, and I am ready for it to be over. Of course, I will be working tomorrow, but at least that will be in my underwear on my sofa, and much more comfortable than this. The weekend is already looking kind of busy…Munchkin has a birthday party to go to tonight, which gives me a chance have dinner alone with the boy (and have some frantic sweaty sex, too…once in a week is not enough for me;-))

I will have a lot of work to do tomorrow, but hopefully I can do that in the morning. I have some shopping to do in the afternoon (Big Sis’ fiancé, the Brain Surgeon, has enlisted me to help him pick out some Christmas and birthday presents. Normally this would be Smoking Hot Roommate’s job, but she is unable, so I will fill in.) Then I am meeting some friends for some drinks tomorrow night, and I think I will take Munchkin with me because she is so much fun:-)

There will also be no Fantasy Football Fucking on Sunday because SHR isn’t around to let me slip away. I think I am gonna bring her over to hang out with some of the guys in her league and watch the games, though. They are all fun guys and will probably have nachos….mmm.

Moving along… In her comment to my last post, Ally mentioned Anna’s Taqueria. This is something of a Boston institution; kind of a dive of a burrito place. I think there are three or four locations (the on Ally mentioned, I think, is on Beacon Street in Brookline, although there may be another one in Newtown I don’t know of. They are next to each other.) I have never actually eaten there, although people speak very highly of them, and Smoking Hot Roommate grew up right in the heart of Anna’s territory and is very familiar with them. Too funny.

This is another interesting point about being a Mom that I never thought of…feeding children. Not that I didn’t know it would be expensive, I just didn’t know what a pain it is. It is really not reasonable to expect to cook a full, healthy and nourishing dinner every day after work. It takes too long and I don’t have the energy to do it every day. There are easy alternatives, but almost all of them are really not that healthy: pizza, McDonalds, Chinese food. Usually eating out leads to crappy food, too.

I also have to disclose that I am really fortunate here as well because I don’t have to pack her a lunch every day. Their tuition covers lunch, and when they are younger, snacks as well. And the school does an excellent job of not serving the kids really fatty or salty foods or soda or anything.

This is kind of a stupid complaint, I know. Everyone in America with kids has to feed them, and I am hardly the only working Mother in America (I am probably not even the only working Sister.) It is just one of the things that you don’t think about when you envision having children.

Motherhood is really hard…lol. I know, this is not that insightful. I can’t be a genius every day.

2 comments:

Ally said...

You've got to try Anna's. And yes, I've only been to the one in Brookline. Delicious! You and Munchkin should go check it out this weekend and have cupcakes from Party Favors.

You're right about the difficulties of cooking--mom or not. When you get home from work at 6:30 or 7, you're so hungry and tired that the last thing you want to do is cook.

Good thing Munchkin's school has nutritious meals--in the public schools here, nachos are served as an entree.

Accidentally Me said...

I am not sure she would be a fan...she is still kind of a picky eater (as are most kids her age.) I don't know if Mexican is her bag.

But when SHR gets back from Spain (yea, long story) I will make her take me.

As for the nutitious meals, it is a godsend that I never thought of. But for the amount of money they charge for tuition, they oughta serve the filet mignon every day...lol.