Friday, November 17, 2006

Is it Saturday yet?

If you get a chance, take a peek at this post about OJ Simpson. Ally is right on; this whole thing is disgusting.

I am finally back in the office today after almost two weeks out in various other places. I still have a gigantic pile of shit to do which will last me well into tomorrow, at least, but I feel more comfortable here. It’s weird; offices can feel like home if you are forced to spend a lot of time in someone else’s office. Not that I would wear a little tank top and my undies at the offices, but you get the drift.

This also means that I get to have lunch with Boss Foxy today, the first in a couple of weeks. So that’s good…I wanna debrief with her and catch her up on what I have been doing for two weeks and get her thoughts on it.

Truth be told, I am completely exhausted. This has been two straight REALLY long weeks, and I will have a lot of work to do over the weekend, too. The first three days of next week will be nuts, too, so I am really looking forward to the break. I have a date with The Boy tonight and I am praying that he says that he just wants to go to a movie or…even better…stay in and watch TV and get take-out.

Smoking Hot Roommate comes back tomorrow:-D And she is bringing Adorable Dork with her (her fiancĂ©, who has been saving the World in Africa for three months). I miss both of them terribly…her because I really haven’t even talked to her in a week and him because I haven’t seen him since July. Which reminds me that I should put gas in Smoking Hot Roommates car since I kind of borrowed it this week and there is very little in there:-) [I have a Jeep, she has a Porsche; what would you do? Lol.]

I decided on Holiday plans, which I mentioned a couple weeks ago. We are gonna do Thanksgiving here with the adopted family. Smoking Hot Roommate’s cousin (who lives in their old house, which I absolutely LOVE) is hosting and we are all gonna go over Thursday for a big giant dinner. Yes, this makes me feel very included;-) They have a daughter who is in Munchkin’s class at school, too, which is kind of off topic, but I felt like mentioning it.

The Boy’s family actually has kind of a post-Thanksgiving family thing, too. So I won’t see him or his family on Thanksgiving, but Munchkin and I will both get to spend some time with them Saturday. I feel good about that, I would have felt kind of bad if I didn’t see them at all. I have to ask his sister what he wants for Christmas…lol. He probably doesn’t know, but I am sure she does…twins are weird!!!

Christmas is gonna be a little tough. I would like to take Munchkin back to Chicago, but she is leaving for the Caribbean (lucky little twerp) on the 26th and I don’t want to have her jumping off of one plan and onto another. I think I would rather take her back for a weekend before then so we can see everyone…well, not quite everyone…and kind of do Christmas then. Maybe the 22nd and 23rd, or maybe even earlier than that. I also wanted to take her to New York for a weekend to see the lights and everything all decked out for the season, but honestly I don’t know when I will get to.

I know that everyone was dying to know what my seasonal plans were…lol. So, there you have it.

I feel like I have been a boring blogger this week…sorry about that. Hopefully I will have a little more energy to be interesting next week;-)

3 comments:

Ally said...

Your Thanksgiving plans sound perfect. And so do Munchkin's Christmas plans--she's a lucky little girl.

Get some rest:) And enjoy your date.

p.s. Disgusting is the perfect word to describe the OJ Simpson stuff.

Accidentally Me said...

Thanks...she has been pretty unlucky thus far, so I try and make things as easy as I can for her.

At least her father didn't slice her mother's throat, and then write a book about it...I guess it could be worse

Ally said...

Excellent point!