Monday, November 27, 2006

Anyone have any more pie?

How was everyone’s Thanksgiving? My was fantastic, even though I ended up working a lot over the weekend.

Smoking Hot Roommate, her fiancé (Adorable Dork) and I went out to meet a bunch of their high school friends on Wednesday. Apparently it is something of a day-before-Thanksgiving tradition. At this point, I know a bunch of the people they went to school with, so it was actually kind of fun to catch up with people I hadn’t seen in a while.

Thursday was all about eating. SHR took Munchkin to a football game, which let me get some work done in the morning…that’s right, working on Turkey Day. Then we went to SHR’s old house (which now belongs to her cousin) and ate. And ate. And ate. And drank. Papa Bear had a wine cellar in that house which is still pretty full, albeit less full than it was when we all got there:-D Munchkin was awfully proud of herself for being able to recognize some of the stuff on the wine labels from her learnings at her wine tasting last summer. And I let her have some…there I go corrupting the youth again.

I had a ton of work to do Friday morning, but Munchkin was over at a friend’s house all day, so I was able to get loads done from home. Working on the day after Thanksgiving is bad, but going into the office would have been worse. She ended up sleeping over at the friend’s, and the boy and I went to a kind-of housewarming party for a couple friends of his. Which was fun...and Munchkin being gone for the night let me do all sorts of naughty things:-D

Saturday, his family has a traditional family thing. It is sort of a Thanksgiving redux…everyone in his father’s family gets together for another big party. That works out really well because it let me get to hang out with him and his family and still have Thanksgving with the adopted family. I totally snuck him off to a random bedroom for a quickie…hee hee. Bad me! Bad me!

It was really fun…they are all nice people, and there are a bunch of kids for Munchkin to hang around with. Maybe it is kind of weird to have my sister tag along with me to the boyfriend’s family function, but she’s part of me. We are a package:-) And The Boy’s mother specifically made me promise to bring her.

I had a thought later on, though. As I have mentioned, The Boy has a twin sister who got married last summer to another woman. Munchkin never asked me “Why are those two girls married?” Seems like a pretty logical question for a little kid to ask…I wonder why she never did.

I suppose there are a lot of explanations, but I think it is interesting that it never came up. Anyway...that's all I have for now...back to work.

1 comment:

Ally said...

I don't know about Munchkin, but when I was little (like 5 years old), I knew a woman was gay without anyone telling me. Well, I didn't know "gay" was the word, but I knew she was different and didn't question it either. Children are so observant and are often not bothered by the sometimes petty things adults tend to obsess about. Plus Munchkin's generation probably won't even blink about same sex parents/marriages, etc.