Sunday, November 05, 2006

Big Doings at Work

I just found out that I am going to be very involved in a monster work-related thing, which is good news and bad news.

The good news is that a partner and a principal that I have only worked with a little bit specifically requested me and cleared my schedule for about three weeks for this. Which I think is a good sign that most of the people in the office find me kind of useful, or at least entertaining. As I explained, I am in kind of a unique situation at work, so sometimes it is hard to tell how I really fit in. And this makes me feel good about it.

The bad news is that I will be busy like a mad woman, which will reduce my ability to waste time and do fun things like blogging. Which is ok...I suppose they pay me to do something...I will find some time to check in here.

The other bad news is that I need to be in Western Mass all week, and have to kind of piece together babysitting. Smoking Hot Roommate is home tomorrow night, so she can take Munchkin Monday (how great is SHR?). After that she is leaving town for about a week and a half, though, which means I need to find other arrangments.

So I can stay out there tommorow, and I will come home Tuesday night...I also promised Munchkin I would take her to vote since she has civics fever this season...which means a 2.5 hour drive Tuesday night and another Wednesday morning...ick. Big Sis says she will stay over Wednesday (someone remind me that I have to call school and tell them who is coming to get her every day...thanks) but she is gone on Thursday, too. So I need a babysitter Thursday to avoid another five hour round trip.

Long and short, it will probably be at least two straight solid 60-70 hour weeks, not counting the commuting. And that 70 hours starts today...right after fantasy football;-)

1 comment:

Bob said...

Well try not to work too hard. Best of luck with the project.