Friday, November 10, 2006

Yeah, I know how "Days of the week" work...

Did anyone notice anything strange about this post yesterday? Go back and read it again…and maybe you will notice that I completely forgot what day it was…lol.

That’s right, the smart kid over here thought it was Friday when she wrote that. Don’t worry, I remembered shortly after that that it was still only Thursday…duh. So all of that stuff I wrote yesterday, you can just transpose that over to today. Good, now we are all caught up.

This has been an incredibly long week, as you may have already guessed, and I think next week will be just as bad. To be honest, I think this is a deal that is going to get done, which means I will be really, really busy for a couple of months. Maybe not 70 hour weeks away from home, but it is going to be really hectic. And through the Holidays, too…ugh!

The good news is that I will get a big giant bonus when it gets closed, which I am not going to complain about, not even one bit!

I was gonna tell a story today about the time my BFF(girl) got in a fight in a bar on my behalf…lol. Yeah, she knocked some girl right in the teeth, and this is one of the many, many reasons I love her;-) However, it is kind of a long story and I don’t feel like getting into it and I don’t really have time, so that will have to wait. But I thought of it when I woke up this morning and laughed at it again, so I will tell you sometime.

Smoking Hot Roommate is in Spain. I know I kind of mentioned that a little, but not entirely. I just talked to her, though, and she gave me free reign (rein?) to talk about her all I want. I think she likes being an anonymous celebrity of sorts…at least to the dozen or so people who read this every day, that is.

In my initial post about SHR, I mentioned that she has known her fiancé since she was 3. He is super cute, a complete dork, mega smart, really nice, really funny and I adore him dearly. To be fair, he is less of a dork than he used to be, but he still has plenty of dorky tendencies. He is also madly, madly, madly devoted to Smoking Hot Roommate. And for good reason;-) He is now officially to be known as the Adorable Dork.

[Digression…she has held off on moving in with him, I think for two reasons. 1) Even though he would never say it to her, it would upset Papa Bear. And it would have upset her Mother, so I am told, and SHR definitely cares about that. 2) I think she really likes living with me and Munchkin:-). However, he is moving into our old condo soon, and then when she finally decides it is time, me and Munchkin will just switch places with him and move back into the old place permanently. This was actually an enormous thing for me, since it established where I will live for the rest of Munchkin’s school. Ok, back to the story]

In July, Adorable Dork took a leave from work to go and work on a UN water plant project somewhere in Africa. He is an engineer and they need people like him and the company kind of encourages their people to do things like that, so he up and moved to some god-awful place to help save the world. Which I admire greatly, especially given that they have little running water, little access to telephones and are in at least some danger of being kidnapped by roving bands of militia.

This hasn’t been the easiest thing for SHR, although I think she has handled it pretty well, all things considered. She clearly misses him dearly, though, and has been counting the days until he gets back. Well, he is pretty done. And rather than wait for him to come home, she decided that she would rather meet him in Spain and take a little vacation together while they had the chance. So she has been there all week hanging out, and he arrives tomorrow…she is so excited she can’t really contain herself…and then they will stay for another week.

Which will be really good for them and I am happy that they get the chance to do it. Once they get back, it will be coming up on Holiday season, and he will be back at work and I can see how they would get kind of caught up in things and never really take the time to just stop and enjoy each other, this will give them that chance.

So that is where SHR is. And yes, I am really, really jealous…lol. I wanna be in Spain!!!

1 comment:

Ally said...

I LOVE Spain. And how cool that her fiance is in Africa. When's the wedding?

Oh, it's rein.