Wednesday, November 08, 2006

Missing out on the good parts of being a Mom

I’m tired…lol. I left at about 5, drove all the way home, got there at 7:30, walked with Munchkin over to vote, then went home ate dinner and pretty much went to bed. The Boy was nice enough to drop by for a bit, and since Munchkin was asleep I did manage to get myself sufficiently laid to last me the rest of the week. I feel pretty good about that;-)

Then I walked out the front door at 5:45 to get here by 8:30, which didn’t leave much time for sleeping. Big Sis took Munchkin to school this morning, and Papa Bear is completely bailing me out by babysitting tonight.

I am going to miss one of my favorite Mom things. Every month or so, the parents of kids in Munchkin’s school get together for drinks. Basically it is just a time to catch up, keep in touch and talk about the school as a whole. The parents are very, very involved with the kids’ schooling, and this is just one of the things they all do to keep up on things.

The mothers and fathers meet separately, just because they like to pretend they still have social lives…Lol…don’t tell them I said that! I am, ahem…[puffing up with pride] the only member of both the Mothers group and the Fathers group. Thank you, thank you…really, your applause is too much!

Anyway, tonight the Father’s are getting together and I am gonna miss it, which is kind of a bummer. I always feel responsible and grown-up when I do things like this, and most of the guys make me laugh. I also run across some of them in the course of work, and I feel good that I can sort of talk to them about work stuff on an (almost) even level. Then the Mother’s all make me rat out what their husbands are like when they aren’t around…lol. They are all perfect gentlemen, I promise;-)

I want to follow up on my story about The Judge, but I don’t have time right now…maybe during lunch if I am by myself and have some time. So check in a little later.

No comments: