Monday, November 06, 2006

Busy Monday

Super busy morning...tons of stuff and most of it is WAAAY over my head. And now I am really tired and frustrated at how little I have gotten done and how much I have left to do. And I am eating Chinese takeout for lunch which is just unbelievably awful. But I really want to do a good job for my two bosses today so that they don't think it was a waste to bring me out here. Which means I should stop complaining.

I have to take a moment to talk about exactly how awesome Smoking Hot Roommate is, though. As a roommate, I come with a certain amount of "baggage" which there is no reason to expect a gorgeous, super-cool 22 year old girl to voluntarily take on. She does it, though, and is great about it all the time. There is a certain amount of parenting responsibility that comes from living with a kid, and she could very easily want nothing to do with that, but she does a lot of it, and she gets a super special, extra warm spot in my heart for it.

I am away tonight, which means that she is responsible for getting Munchkin at school and bringing her home, getting her fed and helping her with any homework she needs help with and watching her and getting her to bed. Obviously, it sort of rules out any other plans she may have had. She doesn't have to take on that responsibility, but she does, and I lover her for it.

Big Sis and Papa bear both get a really similar shout out for doing the same thing a lot, but Smoking Hot Roommate gets more of it, and is kind enough to charge me a MUCH below market rate rent as well:-D

Which kind of gets to the thing I was talking about the other day about families and holidays. And I think Ally was dead on with her comment...not that I don't think The Boy will be around forever (yeah, I am pretty sure he will...there, I said it) but there are certain things that are reserved for families. And I may not be part of the family in the strictest sense, but that is just a detail. They are my family and I am part of theirs and I want to spend Holidays with them because that is who you should be with...the most special people on the most special days.

OK, this went from irritated to corny really, really fast. Sorry about that;-)

3 comments:

Bob said...

Bah, doesn't sound corny at all.

Ally said...

Exciting!! I didn't realize you had that feeling about The Boy. That makes me admire you taking things slow even more though. After all, you guys have the rest of your life to play house, spend the holidays together, and all of that if it's meant to be.

And you guys are definitely family:)

Povosgirl said...

I think your family is absolutely great! And I dig SHR!!!