Sunday, December 31, 2006

Happy New Year's

I got up super early this morning and went out to breakfast with Smoking Hot Roommate. The Boy is sleeping soundly...I wore him out good!!! (Ella...21, highlighted by seven yesterday...a full day with some snow and no real responsibilities is usually going to be a pretty active one for me...today, recovery...lol)

Breakfast was really nice...I realized that we haven't really had much "alone" time of late. We both have super hectic schedules and even though I see her all the time, it is usually not that relaxed and we are not that isolated. This reminded me a lot of times in college when we would spend time just doing nothing.

That is what I miss most about college, the complete lack of accountability. There was just so much free time, and I don't feel like anyone appreciates it nearly as much as they should. I think it is because you feel busy, but then when you get out of school, you realize what "busy" really means and it gives you a new perspective (ok, I am probably a bad example of this). College seems like a long time ago...

Anyway, this is now my New Year's Resolution...to slow down and relax more. And to have more "dates" with Smoking Hot Roommate, who remains my most very favorite person in the world (at least my favorite person who can't order off the kids menu!!!). Her birthday is coming up, and I have to get a tribute for her ready, too!!!

Well, that will be my last post of 2006, my first year as a blogger (ok, my first two and a half months as a blogger). Best wishes for everyone, have a great New Year's Ever, and let's all root for Ally to finally make out with Ozzy:-P

10 comments:

Still just me said...

Oh how I wish I could have had the whole college experience. Looking back on who I was then though, I realize that I would never had made it. I have no real regrets, for all the things in my past, both good and bad, make me who I am today.

Good luck in the new year!

k.d. said...

***HAPPY NEW YEAR!!!***

i wanted to go out for breakfast too - but then i realized that all (!) cafés in my lil' town were closed this morning because of NYE! duh!

Douglas said...

i must say I miss the days of an early run and then breakfast. maybe i'll start that back up in '07.

But the breakfast might eliminate the good the running did and i need to shed a few and get back to fighting weight.

Povosgirl said...

Happy New Year!!! Bring on 2007!! I wish you 2007 orgasms this year!!!!

j;ljk said...

Happy New Year!!

I guess I should start to appreciate my free time that I have in college now...

Anonymous said...

Seriously 21? I'm surprised you can still walk! LOL

Have a great New Years too!

And I am rooting for Ally and Ozzy as well.

Accidentally Me said...

Ella - I tend to have a lot of orgasms, but that does count as a really good week;-) This is what I do when I am off the motherhood leash...lol. I have to take my opportunities when I get them!!!

Ally said...

Happy 2007!!

I totally miss the free time and flexibility that accompanies school. There's no way you can fully appreciate it until you've worked in the real world (for at least two years in my opinion) at a job with little vacation time.

p.s. I'll email you about Ozzy:)

Accidentally Me said...

Ally - Waiting anxiously...

Aaron said...

Yeah, to hell with accounta...

Wait a sec, I gotta call this Customer back. :/

Oh, and good call on Ally. But we all knew that already.