Wednesday, December 06, 2006

Hmm...

I wrote a whole post out last night, and I wasn’t sure if I wanted to post it, so I saved it and figured I would get back to it this morning. Well, I apparently fucked something up, because it is lost…gone forever into blogger oblivion. Which is too bad…it was wicked good…hee hee.

For the record, the third Christmas tree is Big Sis’s. We helped her decorate it on Sunday…I know you were all dying to know.

I have noticed an interesting phenomenon…whenever I write about sex, people get all clammed up and don’t leave any comments. Are we all too shy out there in blogger land? I usually get a handful of comments on other stuff, but every time I get a little bit NC-17, I might be lucky to get one.

What’s up with that? The problem is that I really like to talk about sex. I like doing it, and I like talking about it. That doesn’t mean that it is something I want to make the focus of this blog (I don’t get to do it nearly enough to make it the only storyline…) but it is definitely something that is going to come up. And when it does, I want it to generate conversation. If I say I did something that got me off really fast…or often…then I want people to be able to jump in and say “Oh my god…have you tried X? Or…maybe you should try Y, too!” Feel free to email me if you don’t want to leave a comment (email address is on my profile), I usually write back right away…or leave comments anonymously.

Anyway, if it really does make people uncomfortable, I will dial it down a bit. I know there are some people who read this regularly (10-15 of you so far) and that means surprisingly a lot to me. Probably more than is cool to admit:-P I truly get excited when I get comments from people…yes, I am a dork. And I like that the readers are spread all over the country and have some dramatically different backgrounds than me.

The point is that I don’t want to turn people off if they don’t want to read about my sex life. Anyway, just let me know if it really bothers y’all (shout out to my Southern readers!!!) or if you still wanna hear it. I can oblige pretty easily.

7 comments:

ella said...

I don't think you should hold back on the sex talk. The blog is after all, anonymous.

Povosgirl said...

i would talk about sex...if i was having it

Still just me said...

Yes, let's talk about sex. No one comments on my blog either when the subject comes up.

Anonymous said...

I happen to agree with dimples....she said exactly what I was going to say...LOL Oh and by the way I am from Canada...so you are international, girl!

Accidentally Me said...

Canada, eh? Sweet! There is also someone in London and someone in Madrid that reads every day...so says my site meter...but they won't pipe up:-P

Whine Girl said...

It's YOUR blog!! You should be able to talk about whatever you want... and if someone is uncomfortable, they'll just skip that part and wait until you post something more conservative... no biggie!

Bob said...

Sex talk does not bother me.
I will try to remember to say "Yee Haw ride 'em cowgirl" or something next time you post NC-17 material. I wanted to talk about sex on my blog but my wife discovered it and she is like a crab when it comes to her personal business.