Sunday, December 03, 2006

Three Christmas Trees

Kind of an interesting weekend and I feel pretty good about it. I am still not totally over the $250K parking space from last week, but I imagine that will always kind of baffle me. I guess the answer is that housing can only cost as much as it does if someone is willing to pay it, so there must be people who can afford it.

On Friday, I had dinner with The Boy, his sister, Smoking Hot Roommate and both of their attachments. The Boy was being really kind of weird, and I could tell he was still not real happy with me. I got a chance to talk to his sister a bit alone and she kind of sensed it, too. They have that twin psycho-connection thing, so she always knows what he is thinking, sometimes before he does.

So there was some weirdness, and when we went back to his place alone it was still kind of awkward. Plus I was exhausted, and he is a little sick of me being tired all the time, so he was in kind of a pissy mood. We didn’t really have a fight, but we didn’t talk a lot on the way home, plus he announced that he was going out with “the guys” on Saturday night. Which doesn’t really bother me, it was just that the way he said it was almost like he was trying to do it to make me upset. I guess it worked, because I was kind of bummed over the whole thing. I may have cried a little bit…

I have a funny story, though. Papa Bear and Munchkin had some quality time Friday night…they had a dinner date. So they went to a random restaurant for dinner, and she apparently knew just about everyone in the place. Their server was one of her teachers from last year (I guess this is part of my answer from Friday, people have two jobs.) Then two of the older kids from school were out on a date and were like two tables over, and then her baseball coach was there with his wife as well. Quite the social butterfly. Then after dinner they were about to go home and she announced “I’m having fun, let’s get a drink somewhere!”

That’s right, she is 11. The good news is that a “drink” to her still means a Shirley Temple or some kind of juice. The bad news is that she is possibly become an alcoholic who just hasn’t discovered alcohol yet…I will have to keep an eye on this. Upshot: if you were in a swanky steak house on Berkeley St and saw a good looking guy with what appeared to be his Granddaughter sitting at the bar, well, you have officially met Muchkin…

Anyway, she is 11 going on 26, and I will write more about that, as well as more about The Boy, tomorrow. For now, me sleepy…

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

Kids can say some very interesting things at times.

Ally said...

So why is this post named "Three Christmas Trees?" Just curious.

Munchkin sounds so adorable.

And with your recent work schedule and Munchkin responsibilities, I'm sure you are tired. Any possibility of taking a day off any time soon (before the holidays)?

Accidentally Me said...

Yeah, I thought about what to write before I actually wrote it...I promise there are three trees, I just didn't get to that part of the weekend yet...

Povosgirl said...

Good for her waning a drink!! Two thumbs uo