Friday, December 01, 2006

Back:-)

Thanks everyone for the well-wishes...it really does help. Sorry to not post yesterday, I was out of the office and then didn’t feel up to it when I got home. I have another post for later in the day about the price of housing, but it’s not quite done yet.

Yesterday was kind of fun, actually. My visit to the happy doctor went pretty well on Wednesday night…it feels good to unload a bunch of stuff at once. Still, I was a bit bummed and stressed yesterday and I still think The Boy is irritated with me even though he says otherwise. I guess I will work on that this weekend.

I got to the office and the boss I have been working for said “You’ve been working too hard, I think you need a mental health day. Boss Foxy is speaking at a conference in town, why don’t you go with her and hang out for the day.” I work with really smart people who can read people really well.

It was just what I needed…I met a ton of people, heard some interesting stuff and got to watch Boss Foxy work her magic all day long. It is amazing how important networking is, and how much technique there can be in it. I have to work on remembering people’s names when I hear them…

So that ran most of the day, and then I snuck out to go and see Munchkin’s first basketball game of the season. That was kind of funny…11 year old girls don’t really play great basketball…I think the score was 10-6…

After that, Smoking Hot Roommate came over to meet us for chicken fingers and French fries. Life’s little pleasures…

And I made Munchkin sleep with me last night…I just wanted to have her around. Because I am a baby sometimes:-)

2 comments:

Povosgirl said...

Glad you are back my dear. Hope all is well. I miss you!

Ally said...

Yeah for a day off from really working!! I had one yesterday, and it was so much fun. You definitely needed one; you've been working really hard lately.

And like you, I need help remembering people's name. Fortunately everyone wore name tags yesterday at the conference I attended. I often can't remember someone's name even five minutes later!