Monday, December 11, 2006

Monday stuff

It is freakishly warm around here for this time of year…50’s yesterday and today. Last Friday was really cold, but other than that, it has been a super mild winter so far. Fine by me…

Special treat sometime this week, Smoking Hot Roommate has requested that she be allowed to write a guest blog entry. She is kinda mad at me for calling her an “heiress” last week, so I might be in for some trouble…lol. Anyway, probably tomorrow or Wednesday, depending on when she gets around to it. She is just like me, only taller, better looking, smarter and richer…other than that, we might as well be clones;-)

Saturday night was pretty uneventful, but fun. Knowing the people hosting, I was a little concerned that they would go WAAY over the top (think ice sculptures and chocolate fountains) but they didn’t. Just a really nice dinner with good people and good conversation. This is really the first time I have brought The Boy around the school parents, and they were definitely checking him out to see if they approve. Which is cute; they are all kinda protective of me:-) They seemed to like him… (note: no privacy glass in the car…booo!!!)

He was helping his father string Christmas lights on Sunday, though, which means I didn’t get my Sunday afternoon sex marathon…phooey! I did get a little Christmas shopping done, though, although not as much as I should have. I went to the book store and ended up spending like four hours there. I can do that sometimes, just sort of get lost wandering around…they shouldn’t put comfy chairs and a Starbucks in there; it encourages me to stay forever.

I also got hit on a lot. Like three guys and a girl all randomly started talking to me with the distinct air of trying to pick me up. When did the book store become a singles joint? Better than bars, I guess, but I don’t want to feel like I have to get dressed up to go to Barnes and Noble. Still, it was kind of flattering…always is…hee hee.

Kind of a busy week ahead, and I have to bail early on Friday to go to Chicago for the weekend. Munchkin and I made candy last night to pack up and bring to them, so that will cover the gift-giving problem (Semi-Homemade on the cooking channel :-D). At some point this week I have to figure out how to answer the inevitable “How come we aren’t seeing so-and-so?” I really don’t feel like having the “Because they stole $20,000 from you” conversation just yet. I’ll figure something out…

9 comments:

Povosgirl said...

You don't love me anymore. When are you coming back to AIM?!?! And SHR isn't ever on either. Stop being so damn busy!

Glad all is well!!

Whine Girl said...

You're right.. she doesn't need to know that yet. I just read your link to the post about the aunt whore bag.... AWFUL. (spit).
I guess you can always come up with the, "they have other plans" .. or something.

I'm still in awe of you for taking care of munchkin like you are and being such a great MOM.

Ally said...

So are all of these dinners catered? Will you have yours catered? Cooking for 30-40 people sounds like a lot of work.

The homemade candy sounds like a good idea, plus kids always love cooking.

Why doesn't SHR ever comment?

Accidentally Me said...

Dimples - Super mega work busy...IM usually costs me an entire afternoon of wasted time...lol

Jordan - Ditto on the spitting. And you're too nice! I feel like anyone would do the same...it's not an ideal situation, but we all do what we can.

Ally - Yes, they are catered, no one has that kind of energy...lol. And Munchkin LOVES cooking!!!

And SHM, I think she just called you out!!!

Anonymous said...

Present and accounted for! I am honored and thrilled to have been issued a special request to comment!

Just for the record, Mucnhkin and I slaved over the stove all afternoon to make that candy, all AM did was cut it up, wrap it in colored plastic wrap and tie ribbons on it. But look who is hogging all of the credit!

Accidentally Me said...

Ok, Julia Child...You melted chocolate in the microwave and then sprinkled toffee and chocolate chips on top of it...let's not go get too carried away...

Anonymous said...

Wow, just read the post on AWB. It is pretty disgusting what happens to moral judgement once there is money involved.

I am so in awe of how you handle things at such a young age.

j;ljk said...

I really think you're right about bookstores becoming a singles joint nowadays. I live in California and it's the same way. Anyways, love your blog!

Bob said...

I love going to book stores. Too bad that when I was single, I thought that they were for buying books in. I never "disturbed" the ladies while they were browsing the selections.