Thursday, December 21, 2006

In search of a name

I see my loyal blog-buddies got a chance to read about my super-special Christmas present:-) The more I think about it, the more I think that it is just really, really neat. I think I am a pretty good big sister, and now I get to do it even more (although maybe not quite as involved as with the other one;-))

There is some important business to take care of, though…I need a cute nickname for her!!! I have some ideas, but I wanna see if anyone else has any, too. She could be Little Sis. That might get confusing since Big Sis is not actually a real sister, and this one is. I do like that it would identify her from Munchkin, since Munchkin is kind of half sister-half daughter. Or Goldilocks, since she has blond hair (but so do I, and Munchkin, and Smoking hot Roommate and Big Sis…lol). Or Long Lost Little Sister (LLLS).

I talked to the As Yet Unnamed Little Girl’s mother last night to firm up travel plans, and she tells me that the little one is absolutely bonkers, off-the-wall excited. I also think that the mother is pretty excited by this, too. There is clearly some apprehension, but she knew my father’s sister a little bit back in the day, so she has some reference when I tell her that they are great people. And knowing that my father won’t be around at all is probably a pretty significant help, as well.

So I think that she is pretty open to meeting them all and involving them all, in some way, in the little one’s life. It is pretty hard not to love my father’s family, they are just the sweetest, nicest people around. I can’t imagine that she will have a whole lot of reservations about them after she meets them. But you never know, I guess…

Anyway, I am concerned about the weather…I know there is this huge storm crossing the country and I hope it doesn’t hinder my travel. I have kind of a tight schedule and can’t afford a lot of delay time…it would make one little girl awfully sad!

5 comments:

Still just me said...

How about Half Pint? I am so excited for you, please be careful, and don't fly through my part of the country as Denver is completely shut down.

Povosgirl said...

How About little one?!?!?

Anonymous said...

I am so thrilled over this I can hardly contain myself! I can't wait to meet her!

k.d. said...

"lil miss sis" :-)

Ally said...

My favorite of the ones you mentioned is Goldilocks. I like one word names like Munchkin has for children.

Flying in/out of Boston was always a nightmare, so I wish you very good luck! Make sure you take plenty of fun stuff to read/do while you wait since Munchkin won't be with you to keep you entertained:)